The New Year starts tomorrow and I can hardly believe it. I did pretty good working through my personal goals last year though I only blogged about them through August. Overall, I blogged more (yay!), read less (boo!) and failed miserably at getting the house decluttered (fooey!).
So here are my 2015 goals for blogging, reading and home… let’s do this!
I am hoping using my free 2015 online blog planner will help me focus and be intentional about my blogging.
1. Double pageviews and subscribers.
2. Each month I am going to challenge myself to tackle a different aspect of my blog. I have a phenomenal Blogging Tips Board on Pinterest where I have been
hoarding collecting fabulous blog tips. It’s about time I started working on them! I’ve got the first couple months figured out:
JANUARY: Navigation, updating categories and tags
FEBRUARY: Weekly Newsletter
MARCH: Clean up Pinterest boards, create Twitter Lists
3. Along with #2, I will be working my way through the Blog Design For Dummies (affiliate link) book by Melissa Culbertson. I redesigned my blog with the TweakMe theme and PicMonkey last year but I still want to fine tune it.
4. I will be working along with other book bloggers in this Book Bloggers Organization Challenge hosted by The Book Addict’s Guide. Here’s an overview:
JANUARY: Reading challenges & resolutions
FEBRUARY: Blog maintenance
MARCH: Social Media + Review Outlets
APRIL: Graphics, HTML, CSS, Plug-ins
MAY: Book clean-up + spring cleaning!
5. I won the Pinning Perfect class (affiliate link) by Blog Clarity from the Blogathon Games in October and look forward to taking it. Pinterest has become a higher source of traffic for me in 2014 and I need to learn how to optimize my account.
1. READ BOOKS I ALREADY OWN! I bought so many at the library book sale and won so many from blogger giveaways in 2014 that I could strictly read from this magnificent stack and be totally happy.
2. Read 50 books overall
* 12 for my IRL book club
* 10 for our Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge
* 10 for blog tours and review requests
* 5 for Classics Club reading challenge
* the rest for the fun of it!
3. Co-host readalongs and readathons for our Travel the World in Books reading challenge:
* The Poisonwood Bible readalong runs January 1st through 31st. Join in anytime to discuss!
* We have a few ideas we are tossing around including a foodie reads month and readalongs for Shadow of the Wind and Reading in Lolita in Tehran. What events celebrating books from around the world would you like to see?
* The Travel the World in Books Readathon last September was a huge success. We hope to do it again this fall!
1. Do this 52-week Organized Home decluttering challenge! Maybe the support and enthusiasm of other bloggers will help keep me on track! Thanks to Rachel from A Life in Tune for letting me know about this challenge. Hoping we can stick with it.
What are your 2015 goals? Share them with us!