Note: This post contains affiliate links as indicated by an asterisk. Purchases from these links provides a small commission to me at no extra cost to you.
Can I really do this? I’ve seen amazing and inspirational stories of bloggers making it big and earning a full-time income working part-time hours. Last year, I got email after email from my favorite bloggers accrediting their phenomenal success to Elite Blog Academy* (EBA). I was excited for the possibility but completely nervous that I was falling for a very convincing infomercial. I don’t know these bloggers in person, I don’t know if they’re just making it sound better than it really is to get my commission. My excitement overtook me and I took a rather impulsive plunge, spent the $499 and purchased EBA 2.0 in late February 2016. And now I’m here to give you my really honest review of Elite Blog Academy so you can think about whether it is a wise investment choice for you and your blog.
Founder of EBA, Ruth Soukup, is a very honest and transparent instructor. She doesn’t hold anything back when she tells you this course will take a lot of time and effort. She gives us every bit of advice and the steps she took to bring her blog Living Well Spending Less, Living Well Planner and her bestselling books* to incredible success.
So I believed Ruth when she said to set lofty goals for yourself. It’s when I started thinking about what my dream life looked like, not just for my blog but for all areas of my life. Ruth said,
“the reality is that big goals get big results, while small goals, get small results. What you will become is what you believe you can become, and the bigger and scarier your goal, the more chance you will have for big success.”
So in March 2016, I set my stretch goals and in 15 minutes wrote down my in-a-perfect-world-with-the-stars-aligned goals for the next year, I wanted to:
- get 50,000 monthly pageviews
- earn $1,000 in income
- double my newsletter subscriber list to 1,000
- get a new blog design
- have a stellar newsletter
- grow Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest to 5,000 followers
- grow Instagram to 2,000 followers
- sell my own planner
- improve photos
Honestly, I laughed at myself when I wrote these down. How could I possibly do all that in a year? I don’t know about you but I am easily my own worst critic. I’m filled with overwhelm, self doubt and negative thoughts that I have to battle all. the. time. I live in fear that my autoimmune chronic illness will interfere even more with my dreams than it already has. It’s an uphill battle to dream big but I did.
What Elite Blog Academy Proved to Me
Even though I am an incredibly slow blogger and didn’t finish EBA 2.0 yet (I’m still on units 2 and 3 of 12), it is showing me I CAN do this. With Ruth’s comprehensive and step-by-step instructions, she’s giving me the confidence (slowly but surely) to pursue my dream life so that I don’t have to settle for a stressful job that destroys my health and quality of life for my family.
So what about those laughable the stars need to align for goals? Well here are the results of my past year:
- 36,245 monthly pageviews (Jan) is my highest
- earned $1,211 in income (and spent $1,253 mostly on one-time costs for EBA, new design & branding)
- more than doubled my newsletter subscriber list to 1,067
- installed new blog design (still tweaking little things)
- exceeded Pinterest goal to 5,042 followers
- improved my blog photos/style to match my new branding
I’ve still 9 units to go in EBA 2.0 but I’m pretty proud of all I’ve accomplished in the past year and I do attribute that to the motivation, encouragement and education that Elite Blog Academy gave me. I may be slow but slow and steady can win the race and reach their goals!
Now let’s get down to the review, the nitty gritty of EBA based on my experience with EBA 2.0. From what I’ve heard, EBA 3.0* is completely revamped and focusing more on bloggers who want to make full-time income and run a successful business.
An Honest Review of Elite Blog Academy
- It’s a TON of work. If you are expecting quick success, don’t. You have to do the work and for bloggers like me that started with 500+ posts, it might take you longer to get it done right. EBA comes with a 180-day money back guarantee and I think it is a tight deadline to get it all done if you have other commitments to juggle or an established blog.
- It’s not overly technical. If you are expecting more guidance on setting up your blog or business behind the scenes, you’ll need supplemental info. EBA is really about drawing readers to your site and converting them to avid fans and customers.
- It’s expensive. You have to be dedicated to making your business a priority to invest in it (and since it is an investment, you could write it off as a deduction on your business taxes).
- Short instructional videos and easy step-by-step guidance. I like how Ruth simplifies the complexities of blogging and tells us what works, straight up.
- Ruth’s contagious “you can do it too” attitude. Ruth’s always sharing her personal stories, her struggles, how she overcame them and what she did to succeed.
- Ruth holds NOTHING back. Seriously, I was reading ahead in some of the chapters and she really gives excellent detail especially in the making income chapters.
- PROVEN RESULTS! My stats show it, I have already surpassed some of my BIG goals and I am not even half way through the course yet!
- EBA is completely comprehensive. EBA 2.0 was especially great for new bloggers or bloggers not yet making income. But I think EBA 3.0* will be amazing and life-changing for bloggers who want to reach that 6-figure income mark.
- EBA support. This year we had a forum where Ruth and her team answered questions and years of EBA students could help each other out. They’ll be opening a Facebook group instead of the forum but the purpose is the same to have access to get your questions answered, advice, find a tribe or mastermind group and bounce ideas off one another. This support is invaluable.
- LIFETIME ACCESS. I’m stoked about this because once you buy EBA, you get access to all future classes when it’s released. Now EBA 2.0 was $499 I told you, but EBA 3.0* will be $797 and have updated content so since I already bought it, I will automatically get access to EBA 3.0 when it releases on February 28, 2017.
- 100% money-back guarantee. There is a guarantee like I said above but with the growth and income you get, I’m betting (and hoping) you won’t need it!
Is Elite Blog Academy Really Worth It?
Well you know I can’t answer that for you. It has been totally worth it for me. In fact, the course just about paid for itself (I earned $460 in EBA affiliate sales this year and the course was $499). I’ve made this EBA 3.0 Decision Matrix to help you decide if it is right for you.
- Click on the Decision Matrix link or the picture below.
- When it opens, click on File, then Make a Copy.
- Save a copy to your Google Drive account or to your computer.
- Open your copy and edit as you like.
I CANNOT give you access to the original file.
Don’t Want to Wait or Still Unsure? Grab these 2 FREE Trainings!
Enrollment for Elite Blog Academy* only opens ONCE a year, for five days only. If you want in, you’ll have to act fast!
This year, the doors officially open on February 27th, but EBA founder Ruth Soukup is offering a free training series the week before hand called Blogging Made Simple* that I highly recommend! I’m signed up too because I want to see all the awesomeness that EBA 3.0 has to offer and when Ruth talks, I listen! In this 3-video training series, you’ll learn to write killer content, manage your time productively and learn the EBA framework that will turn your blog into a profitable success.
You can get registered for this free training HERE*.
Also, coming up on March 3, 2017 is a FREE LIVE Simple Framework for Success Webinar* with Ruth Soukup, founder of Elite Blog Academy – learn the 4 steps you need to own a successful and profitable blog. How do you define what “success” is for your blog? Success is within your reach!
Other FREE info from Elite Blog Academy
Blog Structure Blueprint* (get your site organized so readers can find what they are looking for)
EBA Personality Assessment* (less than 5 minute assessment to see if you have what it takes to be an elite blogger)
I think Elite Blog Academy was one of the best investments I have made in my blog and I look forward to seeing where the new EBA 3.0 will take me. I don’t write negative reviews so I can honestly say that I love EBA and am excited for the opportunities it is giving me to pursue my dream life of working from home for a full-time income with part-time hours. Don’t hesitate to use my matrix to see if EBA is a wise choice for you or ask me anything you’d like and I’ll give you my honest opinion either way. I want you to love your decision to purchase EBA* as much as I did.