Note: This post contains affiliate links as indicated by an asterisk. Purchases from these links provides a small commission to me at no extra cost to you.
Can I really do this? I’ve seen amazing and inspirational stories of bloggers making it big and earning a full-time income working part-time hours. Last year, I got email after email from my favorite bloggers accrediting their phenomenal success to Elite Blog Academy* (EBA). I was excited for the possibility but completely nervous that I was falling for a very convincing infomercial. I don’t know these bloggers in person, I don’t know if they’re just making it sound better than it really is to get my commission. My excitement overtook me and I took a rather impulsive plunge, spent the $499 and purchased EBA 2.0 in late February 2016. And now I’m here to give you my really honest review of Elite Blog Academy so you can think about whether it is a wise investment choice for you and your blog.
Founder of EBA, Ruth Soukup, is a very honest and transparent instructor. She doesn’t hold anything back when she tells you this course will take a lot of time and effort. She gives us every bit of advice and the steps she took to bring her blog Living Well Spending Less, Living Well Planner and her bestselling books* to incredible success.
So I believed Ruth when she said to set lofty goals for yourself. It’s when I started thinking about what my dream life looked like, not just for my blog but for all areas of my life. Ruth said,
“the reality is that big goals get big results, while small goals, get small results. What you will become is what you believe you can become, and the bigger and scarier your goal, the more chance you will have for big success.”
So in March 2016, I set my stretch goals and in 15 minutes wrote down my in-a-perfect-world-with-the-stars-aligned goals for the next year, I wanted to:
- get 50,000 monthly pageviews
- earn $1,000 in income
- double my newsletter subscriber list to 1,000
- get a new blog design
- have a stellar newsletter
- grow Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest to 5,000 followers
- grow Instagram to 2,000 followers
- sell my own planner
- improve photos
Honestly, I laughed at myself when I wrote these down. How could I possibly do all that in a year? I don’t know about you but I am easily my own worst critic. I’m filled with overwhelm, self doubt and negative thoughts that I have to battle all. the. time. I live in fear that my autoimmune chronic illness will interfere even more with my dreams than it already has. It’s an uphill battle to dream big but I did.
What Elite Blog Academy Proved to Me
Even though I am an incredibly slow blogger and still working through EBA, it is showing me I CAN do this. With Ruth’s comprehensive and step-by-step instructions, she’s giving me the confidence (slowly but surely) to pursue my dream life so that I don’t have to settle for a stressful job that destroys my health and quality of life for my family.
So what about those laughable the stars need to align for goals? Well here are the results of my past year (updated in July 2017):
- 36,245 monthly pageviews (Jan) is my highest
- earned $4,700 in income (and spent $1,783 mostly on one-time costs for EBA, new design & branding)
- more than quadrupled my newsletter subscriber list to 2,700
- installed new blog design (still tweaking little things)
- exceeded Pinterest goal to 5,640 followers
- improved my blog photos/style to match my new branding
- preparing my first product for sale
I’ve still 8 units to go in EBA but I’m pretty proud of all I’ve accomplished in the past year and I do attribute that to the motivation, encouragement and education that Elite Blog Academy gave me. I may be slow but slow and steady can win the race and reach their goals!
Now let’s get down to the review, the nitty gritty of EBA based on my experience with EBA 2.0 and 3.0. From what I’ve heard, EBA 3.0* is completely revamped and focusing more on bloggers who want to make full-time income and run a successful business.
An Honest Review of Elite Blog Academy
- It’s a TON of work. If you are expecting quick success, don’t. You have to do the work and for bloggers like me that started with 500+ posts, it might take you longer to get it done right. EBA comes with a 180-day money back guarantee and I think it is a tight deadline to get it all done if you have other commitments to juggle or an established blog.
- It’s not overly technical. If you are expecting more guidance on setting up your blog or business behind the scenes, you’ll need supplemental info. EBA is really about drawing readers to your site and converting them to avid fans and customers.
- It’s expensive. You have to be dedicated to making your business a priority to invest in it (and since it is an investment, you could write it off as a deduction on your business taxes).
- Short instructional videos and easy step-by-step guidance. I like how Ruth simplifies the complexities of blogging and tells us what works, straight up.
- Ruth’s contagious “you can do it too” attitude. Ruth’s always sharing her personal stories, her struggles, how she overcame them and what she did to succeed.
- Ruth holds NOTHING back. Seriously, I was reading ahead in some of the chapters and she really gives excellent detail especially in the making income chapters.
- PROVEN RESULTS! My stats show it, I have already surpassed some of my BIG goals and I am not even half way through the course yet!
- EBA is completely comprehensive. EBA 2.0 was especially great for new bloggers or bloggers not yet making income. But I think EBA 3.0* will be amazing and life-changing for bloggers who want to reach that 6-figure income mark.
- EBA support. This year we had a forum where Ruth and her team answered questions and years of EBA students could help each other out. They’ll be opening a Facebook group instead of the forum but the purpose is the same to have access to get your questions answered, advice, find a tribe or mastermind group and bounce ideas off one another. This support is invaluable.
- LIFETIME ACCESS. I’m stoked about this because once you buy EBA, you get access to all future classes when it’s released. Now EBA 2.0 was $499 when I bought it I told you, but EBA 3.0* is $797 and has updated content so since I already bought it, I automatically got access to EBA 3.0 and it is way awesome.
- 100% money-back guarantee. There is a guarantee like I said above but with the growth and income you get, I’m betting (and hoping) you won’t need it!
Is Elite Blog Academy Really Worth It? Get Your FREE Investment Decision Matrix to Help You Decide
Well you know I can’t answer that for you. It has been totally worth it for me. In fact, the course paid for itself nearly 6 times over (I earned $3k in EBA affiliate sales this past year and the course was $499). I’ve made this EBA 3.0 Decision Matrix to help you decide if it is right for you. You can easily adapt this file for any investment decision you need to make.
But that’s not all, when you enter your email address to grab the decision matrix, you will also get access to my Exclusive Subscriber Library with my blog traffic and income reports and lessons learned so you can see exactly what I did right (and wrong) in my journey to become a profitable blogger.
Don’t Want to Wait or Still Unsure?
Sadly, enrollment for Elite Blog Academy* typically only opens ONCE a year. It’s not open right now for enrollment so the best thing to do is get on the waiting list here*, so you’re notified as soon as a sale is announced.
Other FREE info from Elite Blog Academy You will Want to Get Regardless
Blog Structure Blueprint* (get your site organized so readers can find what they are looking for)
EBA Personality Assessment* (less than 5 minute assessment to see if you have what it takes to be an elite blogger)
I think Elite Blog Academy was one of the best investments I have made in my blog and I look forward to seeing where the new EBA 3.0 will take me. I don’t write negative reviews so I can honestly say that I love EBA and am excited for the opportunities it is giving me to pursue my dream life of working from home for a full-time income with part-time hours. Don’t hesitate to use my matrix to see if EBA is a wise choice for you or ask me anything you’d like and I’ll give you my honest opinion either way. I want you to love your decision to purchase EBA* as much as I did.
Pin for Later
Unlock the Exclusive Subscriber Library
Subscribe now to gain access to the Exclusive Subscriber Library full of planners, printables and tips to plan and organize your life so you can crush your goals and achieve your dream life NOW!