Our family loves bananas. I love to eat them in my cereal, as a quick on-the-go snack or in an ice cream sundae for a treat. Inevitably, I buy too many and they go bad so quickly. No worries, it’s the perfect time to use ripe bananas for these Banana Pineapple Muffins. Adapted from a Taste of Home Banana Pineapple Bread recipe, my recipe reduces the amount of vegetable oil and reduces the cooking time by making muffins instead. The result is a lower fat, more fruity flavor and a moist and delicious banana pineapple muffin.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (4 to 5 medium)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare muffin pan with liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, oil and vanilla; add pineapple, applesauce and bananas.
- Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Do not overmix.
- Scoop ¼ cup batter into each muffin liner.
- Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
This post is linked up with these great linky parties:
Bloggers Brag Pinterest Party (Monday)
Inspire Me Monday
Merry Monday Linky Party
Mommy Monday Blog Hop
Tickle My Tastebuds Tuesday
Pintastic Pinteresting Party (Friday)
SITS Sharefest (Saturday)
What’s your favorite way to use ripe bananas? Share your best banana recipes with me, I love trying new recipes.