As 2013 is winding down and 2014 is just around the corner, I am sharing with you my personal goals for 2014. I’ve read several books this year that inspired me to take a closer at my life and think about what I want to achieve. So when Tammy at Creative K Kids said she was hosting a monthly linkup where bloggers share their goals and accomplishments, I thought it would be a great way to hold myself accountable. I also hope you’ll join in and share your goals and accomplishments along the way.
The Books That Inspired Me:
1. Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey – seriously a life-changer for both my husband and I. It helped me learn things about myself and what I want out of life. Read my full review here.
2. One Year to an Organized Life by Regina Leeds – Regina breaks down the process tackling a room a month. I know things take me twice as long to complete as I give myself two years. Read my full review here and see the comments where Regina offers her support! After listening to the audiobook, I purchased a hard copy too so I can work through it.
3. Accidentally Green by Hilary Gimes Bernstein – great tips to get me started on making healthier choices for my family and the environment. Read my full review here.
My Personal Goals for 2014
1. Make exercise a priority, 4 times a week.
2. Floss, everyday…because Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) impacts my gums, I can’t afford to slack anymore!
3. Achieve my goal for ideal weight, the one my joints feel the best at. As of today, about 7 to lose – avoid sugar!
4. Track food, sleep, exercise and RA symptoms to better understand if there is a connection to foods I eat and RA. I know weather, hormones and stress impact my body already.
Remove clutter, reorganize and/or decorate:
6. Family Room
7. Master Bedroom
8. Photos, Kids’ Artwork & Books
9. Home Office
11. Knock off 3 items from my 2013 Life List (a Bucket list but Better!)
12. Visit 5 museums in our area.
13. Use 5 of the attractions coupons from our area coupon book (museums, Little Theatre, local college and minor league sports).
14. Take kids to our alma mater.
15. Take family vacation to a place we haven’t been before.
16. Knock off or make a good dent in 10 of my 50 Bookish Things to do Before I Die list.
a. read all the books I already own.
b. read 150 books with my kids.
c. read 52 books for myself.
16. Update family cookbook.
17. Get a good garden going.
18. Make my own household cleaners.
19. Write more often and consistently – 30 minutes everyday.
20. Share more recipes!
21. Start a new series.
22. Work on blog design.
Just for Me
23. Work on my mission statement.
24. Complete grocery price book.
25. Save $1,000 in groceries.
26. Stay within our budget.
27. Stay debt-free (besides mortgage).
Well there you have it, an overview of my personal goals for 2014. I’m linking up this original post. Then each month thereafter, I’ll link up an update with my accomplishments from the prior month and goals for the next month in my Small Victories Sunday recap.
Thanks to Tammy for inviting me to be a part of this project. If you’d like to join in, just write up your goals and add it to the linky. Don’t forget to stop by other participants’ posts and cheer them on! Let’s do this and help each other achieve those goals…one small victory at a time!