Welcome to Mom’s Small Victories! I’m Tanya, the planner addicted bookworm foodie who is determined to thrive with chronic illness while trying to keep up with my 3 sons and an amazing Superhubby. Well that was a mouthful, I’ve never been good at describing myself in just one word. I hope you’ll grab a cup of coffee, tea or whatever soothes your mind and spirit and stay awhile so we can get to know each other better.
After months of flaring and debilitating pain starting when my oldest son was 6 weeks old, I was finally diagnosed with an autoimmune chronic illness called Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA). At 27 years old, I was just glad to have a diagnosis. I had no idea what was wrong with me. I just wanted something to relieve the pain so I could handle picking up my adorable baby and be the mom I dreamed of being. I had no idea what I was in for with RA.
The Silver Lining and Small Victories
Aside from the obvious physical impact, the mental toll of RA was even harder to deal with. I stubbornly fought but failed at being the perfect mom and having it all. I eventually learned to accept a “new normal”. The silver lining of RA, if there is one, is that it forced me to appreciate the small victories in my life, the littler things I’d accomplished, the finer moments being present with my family.
I’ve learned to understand my body and not fight it anymore. I’ve become more compassionate of others and am determined to teach my kids to do the same because we are all fighting an invisible battle of some sort.
So I started this blog as a way to focus on the things that make me happy (lots of planning, books and food), to encourage positivity, to empower people to take care of themselves and to inspire others to read, eat, live and blog well. I get so excited to hear from my readers so please leave me a comment or an email, and let me know how I can help you achieve your goals, celebrate your life and thrive with chronic illness.
My Favorite Posts and Pages
I’ve got over 600 posts on my little blog so I thought I’d highlight for you my favorite posts and pages, the ones that give you a better idea of who I am, what I love and how I hope I can help other busy moms and chronic illness patients like me.
- My Journey with Autoimmune Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 5 Essential Steps to Understanding Chronic Illness: How I Did It & You Can Too
- The Ultimate Gift Guide for Rheumatoid Arthritis Patients & Chronic Illness Patients
- Motherhood and Life with Rheumatoid Arthritis
- 5 Time Management Tips to Achieve Your Dream Life
- FREE 2017 Blog Planner (the free 2017 blog planner is coming soon!)
- FREE Weekly Planner Printable Based on 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Book
- How To Bullet Journal In A Planner
- Day Designer Midyear Planner 2016-17 Review
- Blogging Tips and Tricks to Take Your Blog to the Next Level
- How Pinning Perfect Helped Me Achieve Massive Growth in Pinterest Traffic
- Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge List
- Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge
- The 18 Best Book Club Suggestions to Get Your Book Club Talking
- A Mother’s Grief, an Unsolved Mystery and The Gates of Evangeline by Hester Young
- The Story Hour Book Review and Printable Discussion Questions
- FREE Summer Bucket List Printable
- Unique Gift Ideas for Star Wars fans who have Everything
Well I think that gives you an overview of what Mom’s Small Victories is all about. To see more about me, where I’ve been featured, how to get in touch with me and awards my blog has won, be sure to check out my About Me page.
So now you know all about me…what would you like to tell me about yourself? What would you like me to write about? What would help you on your journey to celebrate life and thrive with chronic illness?