Welcome blogging friends and readers to another party at my place. Small Victories Sunday Linkup starts today and runs all week long. My co-hosts and I want to encourage and empower you to celebrate your small victories and find new great ideas to make your life happier, healthier and more fun! Our participating bloggers offer their best posts to inspire you to read, eat, live, create and blog well! Stay tuned for our Small Victories Sunday Linkup so you can grab all these great ideas and pin them to use later. Which are your favorite posts?
Note: This post contains affiliate links as indicated by an asterisk. Purchases from these links provides a small commission to me at no extra cost to you
My Small Victories
Every week, I like to reflect on my small victories, finding gratitude and joy in everyday life is important to me in my battle with chronic illness. Life is too short to be overwhelmed or feel victimized by what I can’t do. I’d rather focus on what I CAN do!
Traveling the World in Books has Never Been Easier
I was inspired by my Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge co-host Becca from I’m Lost in Books who has this awesome Books I have Read by Country/Culture Index. It has been on my to-do list for years to get mine done since I love to discuss books from around the world and see where my reading journey has taken me.
My Small Victories Sunday Linkup co-host Crystal from Sharing Life’s Moments suggested using a plugin to help me create some landing pages. I downloaded the Easy Index plugin and it made it easy to publish my Book Review Index by Setting. Now every time I post a book review with the location tagged, it will update my index automatically. How cool is that? I had fun reminiscing about my reading travels as I looked through the books I’ve read and discussion posts about books from different countries. I hope you’ll stop by and grab some good reads for your own travel of the world in books!
My Weekly Reads
What a week it’s been for my reading! I normally only read one book at a time because otherwise I mix up the storylines. However, this week, I’ve got four going at once and I just can’t help myself. Luckily the stories are different enough that it’s impossible to mix them up but I find it hard to put any of these down!!
- I started Outlander* before we left for Spain for Book by Book’s Big Book Summer Challenge. I had bought the series last year when they had a Kindle deal for $1.99 for the first 7 books. Of course, I bought it and enjoying the series so far.
- Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up* – I had read half and picked it up again to finish it off. I need serious motivation to declutter!
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child* – I had to start reading it along with the other Potter fans. It’s a quick read since it’s a script and fun to see the characters we love as adults with kids of their own.
- Before the Fall by Noah Hawley* – I am reading this Summer Book Club Selection from SheReads. Since it is about survivors of a plane crash, I waited to read it until we returned from Spain. This book is excellent so far, it kept me up reading and then when I woke up in the middle of the night thinking about the characters, I read some more. I really couldn’t put it down.
What are you reading this week? Have you read Harry Potter’s last adventure? I’m not too far, just remember, no spoilers here.
What are your small victories? Don’t be shy! Share your small victories, supporting and empowering each other is what I’m all about! Negativity and judgment is not welcome here!
All About Small Victories Sunday Linkup
Here at Small Victories Sunday Linkup, we like to reflect on the small victories of the week that passed and look forward to the week ahead. We invite bloggers to our community to share their best posts to inspire our readers to read, eat, create, live and blog well. The linkup is open all week long so bloggers can celebrate the best of their blogs anytime!
Grab the best ideas for family, home & blog with #SmallVictoriesSundayLinkup Click To Tweet
A friendly reminder that our goal is to inspire others through positive posts, posts that are rude or offensive may be deleted from the linkup. Also, please keep content free of sexual themes. Thanks!
Stop by and say thanks to your extra special hosts who do their best to encourage our community and promote your posts!
Ways You Can Follow Your Hosts:
Congratulations to this week’s Featured Bloggers as chosen by our readers. Here are the top 9 most read posts from last week:
4 Ways to Rock Your Blog from Namaste and Eat Cupcakes
Why No One is Reading Your Mom Blog from Morgan Manages Mommyhood
How Pinning Perfect Helped Me Achieve MASSIVE Growth in Pinterest Traffic from Mom’s Small Victories
Back to You Challenge from Divas with a Purpose
Bookworm’s Book Reviews – July 2016 from Sharing Life’s Moments
10 Tips for Getting Kids Ready for Back to School from Woman of Many Roles
5 Morning Activities that Lead to Productive Days from Of the Hearth
Tip Friday: Peel Hard-Boiled Eggs Hands-Free from Marilyn’s Treats
5 Practical Tips for Homeschooling Multiple Children from Redhead Mom of 8
If you were a Featured Blogger, feel free to grab the button below and proudly display it on your blog!
Now It’s Your Turn to Share Your Favorite Posts and Small Victories!
* Follow your hosts.
* Grab the Small Victories Sunday button and place it in your sidebar, the post you are linking up or a linkup page
* Share up to 3 of your favorite blog posts you want to share. Enter your link below and let’s celebrate our small victories together! Please refrain from linking up posts with mature themes like erotica, new adult or offensive language.
* Please comment on 2 posts for every link you enter. This linkup only works if we support one another, your visits are crucial to encourage fellow participants as you want to be encouraged too.
* By linking up, you are giving the hosts permission to share your post and post images on their social media pages and our Featured Blogger collage.
* By linking up, you are giving the hosts permission to email you notifications when the linkup is open. Your email addresses are not shared and you can unsubscribe to emails at any time.
* Stop by our Small Victories Sunday Linkup Board on Pinterest and like and repin the posts to your boards.
* Spread the word! The more you share about the linky, the more visitors you will get to your content too. Please use the #SmallVictoriesSundaylinkup hashtag so we can find your posts and share them too!
Find our Linkup on Pinterest
We have almost 7,000 pins on our Small Victories Sunday Linkup Board. The hosts pin their favorites each week. Be sure to follow our board and repin your favorite posts to your Pinterest account!
Add Your Favorite Link Parties to our Link Party Directory
If you host a link party, feel free to add it to my link party directory page and I will get it listed.