The Biannual Blogathon Bash started
todayJune 21st and lasts until June 24th, a weekend dedicated to learning new ways to improve my blog through mini-challenges, whittle away at my blog to-do list and network with other bloggers in the process.
I participated in the Winter Biannual Blogathon and absolutely loved the experience. I learned new techniques, got a free blog planner and really dedicated a lot of time to making improvements behind the scenes. Although I had my own goals last time, the mini-challenges are what really helped me last time so I decided to focus on the mini-challenges this time around.
While I didn’t make any progress
today Friday, my goals for this weekend are were simply:
I am particularly interested in completing the mini-challenges on
* Understanding Google PageRank, Alexa Rating and Klout – done! depressed but done and it’s good to have scores to focus on. Find me on Klout here and help me boost my score.
* Keeping my Blog and Online Self Secure
* SEO Basics, the Perfect About Page – done, see my updated About Me page
* The Art to Irresistible Post Titles
* Branding Basics – done
* Writing a Series or Theme on Your Blog – done, stay tuned for what series I will be starting!
* Understanding Blog Policies – done, updated my Book Review Policy Page
I may not be able to get to them all but there are so many great ones to choose from.
As for the prizes, there are 27 different prizes and multiples of many of them. Who couldn’t use a year of free hosting, an SEO Basics eBook (I won one during the last Blogathon), a subscription to Dreamstimes.com Stock Photography Site, social media manangement assistance, free ad space or Momcomm’s DIY Blog Critique eBook? I know I could!
It looks like I’ve got my work cut out for me despite a late start. Good luck to everyone participating and hoping we all get some productive work on our blogs done this weekend. It’s not to late to sign up and I love that this is a no pressure event, put in as much time as you want to it, when you can. Not convinced? Check out the Blogathon site for yourself for more info and blogging tips galore!
What’s on your blogging to-do list? What have you been procrastinating working on? If you are a Blogathon participant, please leave me the link to your kick off post and I’ll be sure to visit. Happy blogging!