Welcome to our Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge. Over the last couple years I really enjoyed participating in the Around the World in 80 Books Reading Challenge, but was sad to discover that the host blog went down. So I decided to partner with four fabulous book bloggers, I’m Lost in Books, Savvy Working Gal, Fictional 100 and Guiltless Reading to start our own reading challenge with our own rules.
Travel the world in books, of course! Expand your horizons and read books set in or written by authors from countries other than the one you live in. Visit as many different countries in books as you wish.
And the “rules” are simply this…YOU choose your own adventure! These are your goals but you can change them any time.
1. Determine length of time you will participate in the challenge. Just one month, An entire season, a year or 5 years?
2. Determine how many countries you would like to read about during your adventure. What criteria are you using to determine the number of countries you read about (ex. book setting, author background or both)?
3. How will you track the countries you visited in books? You could create a map in Google Maps, track on your blog or on a Goodreads shelf.
4. Determine your book list or genre if you like. Will you be listing specific books you would like to read? Do you aim to read fiction, nonfiction or a mixture of both?
5. Link up your posts. Linkies will be available for sign up/goals, wrap up, and a linky for each continent for you to add your book reviews whenever you are ready.
6. Please follow each of our 3 hosts by at least one social media or bloglovin, RSS, GFC so you can keep informed of news, updates and events regarding this challenge. We have a Travel the World in 80 Books Readathon in the works for September!
That’s it, are you ready to travel the world in books? Grab the button below, say “arrivederci”, “bon voyage”, “sayonara” and enjoy your travels!
The challenge begins July 1, 2014! Link up your posts related to this challenge here:
Sign up and share your goals!
Africa Book Reviews Link Up
Antarctica Book Reviews Link Up
Asia Book Reviews Link Up
Australia and New Zealand Book Reviews Link Up
Europe Book Reviews Link Up
North America Book Reviews Link Up
South America Book Reviews Link Up
Book Maps and Reading Summaries Linkup
Sept 2014 – Travel the World in Books Readathon
November 2014 – Waiting for Snow in Havana Readalong (Cuba)
January 2015 –Poisonwood Bible Readalong (Belgian Congo/Zaire)
February 2015 – Foodie February – read books featuring the world’s best food!
March 2015 – The Shadow of the Wind Readalong (Spain)
June 2015 – The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton Readalong (set in England mostly and a little in Australia, by an Australian author)
July/August 2015 – The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende Readalong (Chile)
October 2015 – Travel the World in Books Readathon #2
November 2015 – Nonfiction November
February 2016 – And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini Readalong (Afghanistan, France, USA, Greece)
March 2016 – An African In Greenland Readalong (Greenland, West Africa)
April 2016 – Read the Nobels – read a Nobel Prize winning author’s work from around the world.
May 2016 – Travel in Books to Russia
June 2016 – Island Adventure – read any book(s) set on any island from around the world
Sign up for our Travel the World in Books Newsletter so you can keep informed of our monthly events, discussions and news!