Welcome to the Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge where you choose your own reading and travel adventure! I’m teaming up with I’m Lost in Books, Savvy Working Gal, Fictional 100 and Guiltless Reading for bringing you this reading challenge where you set your own goals and rules for what you would like to accomplish during your reading challenge. Finally, a no-stress, no-worries, kind of challenge that helps you expand your reading and cultural horizons.
Read 50 books in 5 years that take place in countries other than the US (where I reside), both fiction and nonfiction. I will track the books I read on my Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge Google Map.
1. Paris, Rue des Martyrs by Adria Cimino – France – Review
2. Waiting for Snow in Havana by Carlos Eire – Cuba
3. The Forgotten Daughter by Renita d’Silva – India – Review
4. The Story Hour by Thrity Umrigar – India & US – Review and Book Club Discussion Questions
5. Seven Letters from Paris by Samantha Verant – Review
6. Snow Angels, Secrets and Christmas Cake by Sue Watson – England – Review
7. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver – Congo/Zaire – Review and Book Club Discussion Questions
8. Bombay Bhel by Ken Doyle – India
9. Love, Lies and Lemon Cake by Sue Watson – England & Greece
10.The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon – set in Spain (Spanish author)
11. Mademoiselle Chanel by C.W. Gortner – France
12. The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith – set in England (English author)
13. Diamond Head by Cecily Wong – set in China and Hawaii (Chinese-American author)
14. Very Good Lives by J.K. Rowling – her background set in England (English author)
15. An Unwilling Accomplice by Charles Todd – set in England
16. The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton – set in England and Australia (Australian author)
17. Hello from the Gillespies by Monica McInerney – set in Australia
18. Flask of the Drunken Master by Susan Spann – set in Japan
19. A Pattern of Lies by Charles Todd – set in England
20. House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende – set in South America, a country resembling Chile
21. A Sister’s Promise by Renita d’Silva – set in England and India
22. The Determined Heart by Antoinette May – set in England, France, Switzerland
23. Daughter of Sand and Stone by Libbie Hawker – set in ancient Syria
24. Come Away with Me by Karma Brown – set in Thailand, Italy, US
25. In Another Life by Julie Christine Johnson – set in France
26. And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini – set in Afghanistan, Greece, US
Ready to join us? Stop by and read the goals and rules for this challenge and link up your sign up post. We also have a group Pinterest board and Goodreads group where we share and map books read and discuss and vote on monthly group reads/readalongs. Be sure to join us there too!
Subscribe to our exclusive Travel the World in Books Newsletter just to keep you informed on monthly events like our readalongs, readathon and giveaways!