Bloggiesta is a book blogging marathon that is taking place from Friday, March 22nd through Sunday, March 24, 2013. It’s a great opportunity to catch up on my long to-do list and participate in valuable mini-challenges. The mini-challenges are hosted by other book bloggers who pick a particular topic to help participants with improving their blog.
I thoroughly enjoyed meeting new book bloggers and accomplishing some of my goals during the mini-bloggiesta in February.
Here are some of the tasks I would like to accomplish during the full Bloggiesta:
* Write 3 or more book reviews
* Write a Review Policy
* Write up post to donate affiliate proceeds and find other ways to help Reach Out and Read in my community (to accomplish Allison at The Book Wheel’s Mini-Challenge
* Complete as many mini-challenges as I can
* Participate in Twitter chats (Saturday 10am, Sunday 5pm)
* Back up my blog
* Schedule some Top Ten Tuesday posts
* Schedule some Book Blogger Hop posts
* Update challenges pages
* Fix broken links
* Finish signing up for Google Analytics. Go to twitter chat for #blogathon2 from last Sunday or Biannual Blogathon Bash for more info. They are hosting an Itty Bitty Blogathon from Saturday March 23rd at 10am to Sunday March 24th at 10am. I am hoping this goal would accomplish requirements for both blogathons.
* Create new blog header – replace “food” with “books” in tagline since this is quickly becoming more of a book blog than anything else.
* Sign up for an affiliate network- I applied for Linkshare (BN.com) and Indiebound so wish me luck that I get approved!
* Sign up for netgalley – I signed up for an account but resisted the urge to surf /request books instead of working on my blog.
* Sign up for Musing of a Book Addict’s Spring Reading Thing by March 24 at midnight. Make a list of books to read in the next 3 months in sign up post and wrap up-post by June 24 at midnight to be eligible for prizes. – Post linked up! You know me and my lists, I LOVE making lists and checking them off.
* Completed Organizing Reviews Mini-Challenge hosted by Lose Time Reading
* Completed Through a Visitor’s Eyes hosted by On a Book Bender to add a contact form to my about me page and make sure all reviews are posted to my Book Reviews Alphabetical List page
* Completed Choosing a New Feed Reader hosted by Picky Girl. Expressed my love for the WordPress Reader and Bloglovin in The Great Feed Reader Debate in order to be eligible for prize giveaway.
* Participated in Twitter chat Friday night 9-11pm
* Completed Update to my About Me page – added a family collage, added a contact form and updated social media links inlcuding Google+ and Bloglovin.
* Comment and network with Bloggiesta participants – I visited 30+ blogs and commented, followed through bloglovin, facebook, google+, pinterest wherever I could…whew! Will try to get to the rest of the sign up participants soon, my laptop and I need to recharge.
I have an addiction to participating in reading challenges and enjoy reading classics, young adult, cultural and historical fiction, nonfiction and recently, audiobooks. I am infatuated with my Kindle which is my preferred mode of reading.
Here are some of my most popular book-related posts from my site so you have a chance to get to know me a little better:
Good luck to those participating and look forward to learning as much as I can and knocking some more items off my to-do list this weekend. Ole!
What do you think of my goals? What’s on your blog to-do list? Are you participating in Bloggiesta? If so, leave me a link to your goals too so I can pay you a visit!