Bloggiesta is a book blogging marathon that is taking place from Friday, March 22nd through Sunday, March 24, 2013. It’s a great opportunity to catch up on my long to-do list and participate in valuable mini-challenges. The mini-challenges are hosted by other book bloggers who pick a particular topic to help participants with improving their blog.
I thoroughly enjoyed meeting new book bloggers and accomplishing some of my goals during the mini-bloggiesta in February.
Here are some of the tasks I would like to accomplish during the full Bloggiesta:
* Write 3 or more book reviews
* Write a Review Policy
* Write up post to donate affiliate proceeds and find other ways to help Reach Out and Read in my community (to accomplish Allison at The Book Wheel’s Mini-Challenge
* Complete as many mini-challenges as I can
* Participate in Twitter chats (Saturday 10am, Sunday 5pm)
* Back up my blog
* Schedule some Top Ten Tuesday posts
* Schedule some Book Blogger Hop posts
* Update challenges pages
* Fix broken links
* Finish signing up for Google Analytics. Go to twitter chat for #blogathon2 from last Sunday or Biannual Blogathon Bash for more info. They are hosting an Itty Bitty Blogathon from Saturday March 23rd at 10am to Sunday March 24th at 10am. I am hoping this goal would accomplish requirements for both blogathons.
* Create new blog header – replace “food” with “books” in tagline since this is quickly becoming more of a book blog than anything else.
* Sign up for an affiliate network- I applied for Linkshare (BN.com) and Indiebound so wish me luck that I get approved!
* Sign up for netgalley – I signed up for an account but resisted the urge to surf /request books instead of working on my blog.
* Sign up for Musing of a Book Addict’s Spring Reading Thing by March 24 at midnight. Make a list of books to read in the next 3 months in sign up post and wrap up-post by June 24 at midnight to be eligible for prizes. – Post linked up! You know me and my lists, I LOVE making lists and checking them off.
* Completed Organizing Reviews Mini-Challenge hosted by Lose Time Reading
* Completed Through a Visitor’s Eyes hosted by On a Book Bender to add a contact form to my about me page and make sure all reviews are posted to my Book Reviews Alphabetical List page
* Completed Choosing a New Feed Reader hosted by Picky Girl. Expressed my love for the WordPress Reader and Bloglovin in The Great Feed Reader Debate in order to be eligible for prize giveaway.
* Participated in Twitter chat Friday night 9-11pm
* Completed Update to my About Me page – added a family collage, added a contact form and updated social media links inlcuding Google+ and Bloglovin.
* Comment and network with Bloggiesta participants – I visited 30+ blogs and commented, followed through bloglovin, facebook, google+, pinterest wherever I could…whew! Will try to get to the rest of the sign up participants soon, my laptop and I need to recharge.
I have an addiction to participating in reading challenges and enjoy reading classics, young adult, cultural and historical fiction, nonfiction and recently, audiobooks. I am infatuated with my Kindle which is my preferred mode of reading.
Here are some of my most popular book-related posts from my site so you have a chance to get to know me a little better:
Good luck to those participating and look forward to learning as much as I can and knocking some more items off my to-do list this weekend. Ole!
What do you think of my goals? What’s on your blog to-do list? Are you participating in Bloggiesta? If so, leave me a link to your goals too so I can pay you a visit!
Unlock the Exclusive Subscriber Library
Subscribe now to gain access to the Exclusive Subscriber Library full of planners, printables and tips to plan and organize your life so you can crush your goals and achieve your dream life NOW!