The Classics Club is for readers with a common goal to read 50 (or more) classics in 5 years. The Club is a site where members can share and discuss the classics they’ve read, participate in readathons, memes and group reads. The club offers a little something for everyone and lots of opportunities to share great reads and support other book bloggers in their classics challenge.
To join, I’ve got to list the 50 books I intend to read between February 28, 2013 and February 27, 2018. I’ve broken down my list by genre just so I make sure to balance out the types of books I read. I also wanted to incorporate classics from ancient Greece through modern times.
Children’s/Young Adult Classics
1. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
2. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
3. The Complete Grimm’s Fairy Tales by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm
4. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott – Done!
5. Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
6. Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
7. Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne
8. Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
9. Swiss Family Robinson by Johann David Wyss
10. Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson– Done!
Historical Fiction Classics
11. For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
12. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
13. Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
14. Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
15. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
16. Dracula by Bram Stoker
17. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
18. Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice – Done!
10. Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
20. Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
21. The Mysterious Affairs at Styles by Agatha Christie
22. The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe
23. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
24. A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle – Done!
25. The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
26. Emma by Jane Austen
27. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald – Done!
28. Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
29. An Ideal Husband by Oscar Wilde
30. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
31. The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood – Done!
32. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein
33. The Time Machine by H.G. Wells
34. Utopia by Thomas More
35. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle
Wizards and Witchcraft Classics
36. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling – Done!
37. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling – Done!
38. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling – Done!
39. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling – Done!
40. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling – Done!
41. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling – Done!
42. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling – Done!
43. King Arthur and the Legends of the Round Table by Thomas Malory
44.The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis
45. Arabian Nights: Tales from a Thousand and one Nights by Anonymous, Richard Francis Burton
46. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
47. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
48. The Inferno by Dante Aligheri
49. The Iliad by Homer
50. Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
As I complete the books I will link them up to this page so stay tuned.
What do you think of my list? Which classics have you read that you recommend? Any that you disliked or couldn’t finish? Let me know your thoughts, I’d love to hear them. Hope you share in this journey with me!
Unlock the Exclusive Subscriber Library
Subscribe now to gain access to the Exclusive Subscriber Library full of planners, printables and tips to plan and organize your life so you can crush your goals and achieve your dream life NOW!