The Classics Club is hosting another Classics Club Spin and this time I’m going to participate. What’s a Classics Club Spin you ask? Well here’s the info from their site:
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List.
- Try to challenge yourself: list five you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, rereads, ancients — whatever you choose.)
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog by next Monday.
- Monday morning, we’ll announce a number from 1-20. Go to the list of twenty books you posted, and select the book that corresponds to the number we announce.
- The challenge is to read that book by July 1, even if it’s an icky one you dread reading! (No fair not listing any scary ones!)
I’ve got a lot left to choose from my original Classics Club goals list so here’s my Spin list:
1. Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
2. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
3. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Doal
4. For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway
5. Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo
6. Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe
7. Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne
8. The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
9. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
10. Rebecca by Daphne deMaurnier
11. Their Eyes were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston
12. Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
13. The Inferno by Dante Aligheri
14. Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
15. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L’Engle
16. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
17. Emma by Jane Austen
18. King Arthur and the Legends of the Round Table by Thomas Malory
19. The Iliad by Homer
20. An Ideal Husband by Oscar Wilde
There you have it, I’ll reveal which book is selected when we learn on Monday, May 20th what the Spin number is. Wish me luck!
Have you read any of the books on my spin list? What did you think of them? Can you guess which ones I’m dreading or excited to read? Let me know what classics are your favorites or you dread reading and as always, happy reading!
Unlock the Exclusive Subscriber Library
Subscribe now to gain access to the Exclusive Subscriber Library full of planners, printables and tips to plan and organize your life so you can crush your goals and achieve your dream life NOW!