Yep, you read that right…Dewey’s is a 24 hour read-a-thon where book lovers converge to read as much as they can, network with other book bloggers and participate in hourly challenges. This is my first time participating in Dewey’s and though I initially wanted to be a reader, with a family of young, active boys, I’m better suited to cheering on other diligent readers throughout the day. My favorite part of big events like these is finding new-to-me bloggers anyway so cheerleading is perfect for me.
When I have time, I will continue to read Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice for the Spring into Horror Read-a-thon which has been going on this week and ends on Sunday.
I just finished listening to Little Women on audiobook and will be starting to listen to The Great Gatsby for both my Classics Club and Back to the Classics Reading Challenge. I have really been enjoying listening to classics on audiobook since I want to read so many of them but don’t have as much time to read at night. Audiobooks are perfect to download to my phone and take and listen on the go, I even listened to my audiobook while out shopping the other night.
Update: To start, we need to complete an Introductory Questionnaire so here are the questions and my answers:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today?
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to?
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to?
4) Tell us a little something about yourself!
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to?
1) North Carolina in the US.
2) Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
3) Chocolate Ice cream sundae, yea it’s been a long week, I deserve it!
4) It’s my first time participating and I will be sneaking reading time in as much as I can.
5) As I said above, I’m most looking forward to meeting other book lovers! and why I’m so glad to be a cheerleader for this event!
Update #2: I’ve cheered, commented and followed 31 blogs during my son’s naptime, participated in the Best and Worst Cover mini-challenge, won a random prize (yay, what a nice surprise!) and I’ve listened to the first chapter of The Great Gatsby. Now while the family watches Wreck It Ralph, I’ll be catching up on some vampire reading. I had my chocolate ice cream and time to enjoy the sugar rush.
Final Update: I read about 60 pages in Interview with the Vampire before falling asleep. I need my sleep if I don’t want to deal with joint pain this morning and gotta cook breakfast, French toast and hash brown casserole. I’ll be visiting a few more blogs before 8 am. It was a joy meeting everyone and hopefully next time I can get more reading done! What a fantastic read-a-thon, I loved the hourly guest posts to keep motivated to read and have fun. I’ll be certainly signing up again.
Are you participating in Dewey’s Read-a-thon? What are you reading? Happy reading no matter what’s on your reading list!
Unlock the Exclusive Subscriber Library
Subscribe now to gain access to the Exclusive Subscriber Library full of planners, printables and tips to plan and organize your life so you can crush your goals and achieve your dream life NOW!