I am linking up with Book Journey today to recap what I read last week and what I am reading and listening to this week.
Last week I Finished
The Wicked Valentine Read-a-Thon is running from 2/7 – 2/14 so I have accomplished some reading goals as a part of that.
1) Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins as one of my books to complete the Book Blogger Recommendation Reading Challenge. I promised my oldest son that I would give Hunger Games another chance after giving up on it because I didn’t like the concept of kids killing kids. I’m glad I read it and I can’t wait to read the next book. Full review coming soon.
2) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee as my classic set during the Civil Rights Movement to complete the Back to the Classics Reading Challenge. I listened to this on audiobook and it was narrated by the talented Sissy Spacek. That was a surprise treat and I thoroughly enjoyed it, an excellent narrator certainly makes all the difference. I certainly had a better appreciation for the novel than when I read it in middle school. Full review coming soon.
This Week I Will Be Reading
1) Here I Go Again by Jen Lancaster for my book club. So far this one is an entertaining, quick read. A story about the mean girl in high school who has an opportunity to go back and make things right…or does she?
2) The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. I’ve heard lots of rave reviews about this YA novel about a young princess who must live up to her title of the chosen one . This book does not fulfill a challenge requirement but I have been on the waiting list for awhile and it finally came in for download.
3) Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson on audiobook for my Back to the Classics Reading Challenge Adventure classic and the Monthly Keyword Challenge for March using the keyword “treasure”. I see on Goodreads there is an audiobook narrated by Alfred Molina which would have been interesting but I don’t think that is the version that I am borrowing from the library.
It should be a busy and interesting week and I am surprisingly on track with all these challenges I am undertaking, and surprisingly a little ahead. I’ve certainly been enjoying reading and meeting new book bloggers from the Blogathon, Mini-Bloggiesta and the Read-a-Thon which have fueled the fire in me to keep on reading and sharing recommendations.
What are you reading this week? Link up at Book Journey and let us know!