It’s time for another Biannual Blogathon, a weekend event where participants work on their blog to-do list as much as they can, network and support other bloggers and participate in mini-challenges to make our blogs even more outstanding. The Blogathon takes place this weekend, January 24-26, 2014. It’s hosted by a great team of bloggers who are an excellent resource and really know their stuff!
For this blogathon, I won’t have all weekend to devote to blogging so my goals list is pretty simple but it will take me awhile to complete.
* Get my old book reviews into the UBB plugin so that I can get my review indexes updated – DONE!
* Participate in one twitter chat – DONE!
* Complete 1 or 2 mini-challenges (they are my favorite way to learn about a specific task). – DONE!
* Update my book review spreadsheet so I can make sure reviews are cross-posted to various social media, Amazon, Goodreads & Barnes & Noble.
Update: I just found out that the Blogathon and Bloggiesta, a similar blogging marathon for book bloggers, are happening on the same weekend. Since they are two of my favorite events and happening the same weekend, I can use the same goals for both. I hope to participate in the twitter chat with my book blogger peeps and complete one of the mini-challenges for this event also. If you want more info on Bloggiesta, sign up here.
Day 1 Accomplishments
* Updated the following book reviews in the Ultimate Book Blogger plugin. It was fun going back and reminiscing about reading these books, back when I didn’t know two of them would be made into movies this year. Have you read any of these? They would love more comments!
- Before the Storm by Diane Chamberlain
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Finish What You Start by Craig Copeland
* Completed the Blogathon Increasing Blog Productivity and Growing Instagram Following mini-challenges. I signed up for Instagram and hope you’ll follow me and my adventures through photos. Check out the photo of our slow cooker Lemon, Garlic and Rosemary Chicken we had for dinner and the link to the recipe. It turned out pretty tasty and I’ll definitely be making it again.
* Participated in the Twitter chat about blog conferences. Have you been to one? The great things participants said makes me want to go!
Total = 9.5 hours. I figured this was the day I would get the most done since older kids were in school.
Day 2 Accomplishments
Well, Superstar had a high fever so we had to cancel our plans and stay in. It was a cold day perfect for coffee, pajamas and blogging!
* Completed the Back to the Basics Bloggiesta Mini-Challenge. Changed a few design elements and tried to look at my home page through a visitor’s eyes.
*Updated 9 reviews in the Ultimate Book Blogger plugin
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- Here I Go Again by Jen Lancaster
- Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
- Is Everyone Else Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling
- The Lies We Told by Diane Chamberlain
- The Midwife’s Confession by Diane Chamberlain
- The Pilot’s Wife by Anita Shreve
- The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes
- The Shadow Wife by Diane Chamberlain
* Participated in the SITS Girls Sharefest Twitter chat and the Bloggiesta Twitter chat where I reconnected with blogging friends and made new ones. Also was reminded that I need to start linking up to Beth Fish Read’s Weekend Cooking meme because I love to talk about food just as much as I love to talk about books!
* Joined the Book Wheel’s Community. I look forward to meeting other readers, bloggers and authors in the forums.
Total = 9.5 hours
Day 3 Accomplishments
* FINISHED updating 6 reviews in the UBB plugin…woohoo!
* Participated in the Blogathon Twitter chat about working with brands, yep, that includes authors and publicists.
Total = 5 hours
Total Blogathon/Bloggiesta hours = 24 hours!
What’s on your blog to-do list? Are you joining the blogathon? If so, leave me a link so I can pay you a visit and cheer you on too!
Unlock the Exclusive Subscriber Library
Subscribe now to gain access to the Exclusive Subscriber Library full of planners, printables and tips to plan and organize your life so you can crush your goals and achieve your dream life NOW!