We are half way through the year of tracking our personal goals, can you believe it? I’ve enjoyed sharing my personal goals with you as it motivates me to focus on them and holds me accountable when I have to report my progress to you!
How do you stay focused on personal goals? Tips, tricks and posts are appreciated in the comments, let’s help each other out!
Home & Family
- worked on organizing the kitchen pantry and found my “why didn’t I think of this sooner” solution to organizing spices without spending any money and using tools I already had.
- We attempted to make our own chocolate ice cream. It didn’t quite freeze so we made chocolate milkshakes instead, man were they yummy!
- Got kids in the kitchen to help me cook. I think it’s important for them to be able to cook their own meals as they get older.
- The kids and I made a Father’s Day gift and wrote a poem! Superhubby loved his. We had his parents over and some of our best friends. A whole lotta steak, potatoes and quite a feast. We had delicious leftovers and I was so happy so many people we love shared Father’s Day with us.
- Using my weekly planner to focus and accomplish my weekly goals, it’s really been helping me!
- I have read 744 pages in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (84%)
- Read 27 books with the kids, they’ve enjoyed scanning them into Goodreads and rating books as we finish them. Check out the 145 we’ve read together so far.
- Kids started their Summer Reading Programs at the library.
- Registered my oldest to be a volunteer and his first event was a Learning with Legos, helping elementary school age kids, like his younger brother.
- Participated in the Biannual Blogathon Bash and accomplished more than I thought I would!
- I started a Facebook Book Lovers Boost Group. If you have a blog Facebook page and enjoy discussing books, be sure to join us. Support other book lovers’ blogs and increase your blog page’s exposure and engagement.
- My free weekly planner printable based on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, now available as a Google Doc, continues to be my most popular post
- I was sad to take a hiatus from the Small Victories Sunday and Throwback Thursday linkies I was hosting/co-hosting for the summer. I am spending more energy on my kids and have some blog projects I am hoping to get going.
- I did my first guest post for Just One of the Boys In Her Shoes series. I shared a deeply personal post about what it feels like to have an “invisible illness”.
And in the blink of an eye, June is gone and we are on to July.I’ve been enjoying sharing my journey towards achieving my goals with you…one small victory at a time!
1. Make exercise a priority, take kids to pool and practice my own swimming, 4 times a week.
2. Achieve my goal for ideal weight, the one my joints feel the best at. Avoid sugar!
3. Drink more water, at least 64 ounces a day.
4. Organize two areas in the house.
5. Sell outgrown kids’ clothes and toys.
6. Pick up paint samples for kitchen and 2-story family room.
7. Knock off some items on our summer bucket list.
8. Start teaching kids piano. We have a piano and although I can no longer play, I really should encourage the kids to. They love music and art!
9. Sign up for Brown Bag Ministry or Food Bank volunteering to do with the kids.
10. Finalize the Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge that will begin July 1st!
11. Read 1 big book, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince for Book by Book’s Big Book Summer Reading Challenge and for my IRL book club.
12. Read 25 books with my kids.
13. Share more recipes!
14. Add 5 more linky parties to my Linky Party Page.
15. Stay within our budget, start using cash for groceries to better manage spending.
16. Stay debt-free (besides mortgage).
What are your July 2014 personal goals? Share with me the tools that help you get organized or save you money! Be sure to link up your goals posts or achievements in the linky below. Thanks Tammy at Creative K Kids for sharing this linky and inspiring us to reach our goals..one small victory at a time!
Unlock the Exclusive Subscriber Library
Subscribe now to gain access to the Exclusive Subscriber Library full of planners, printables and tips to plan and organize your life so you can crush your goals and achieve your dream life NOW!