This blog link party directory will show you the benefits of link parties, and tell you the best parties to participate in each week. Get more free blogging tips and tricks here.
Blog link parties have been a great source of traffic and the #1 way I build a sense of community on my blog. I started hosting my Small Victories Sunday Linkup by myself years ago and I’m proud to say it grew to include 11 co-hosts and 200+ participant posts each week.
Note: This post contains affiliate links as indicated by an asterisk. Purchases from these links provides a small commission to me at no extra cost to you.
Sadly, I ended the linkup so I could focus on taking my blog to the next level. In the meantime, I wanted to share the blog link parties I love and a link party directory so you can grow your community and add your favorite parties too.
Are Link Parties Worth the Time?
It is a question many bloggers wrestle with. Many link parties have requirements that bloggers visit others in the linkup. It takes a small investment of time but yes, it is worth it to me. Here’s why:
- Earning a featured spot on a link party often gets you a link back to your post. This helps build authority to Google that your post is quality content.
- Party hosts often share participant posts on their social media or pin your images. This helps your post get independent validation that it’s something worth reading.
- SEO brings pageviews but average visitors do not leave comments or share content. Linkup party hosts and other participants are more likely to leave comments since they know how valuable it is to you.
- Social media brings pageviews but with changing algorithms, how many people actually see your post? When a link is on a linkup, it will be there.
- Link parties allow bloggers to grow their network and find bloggers with similar interests
- Link parties can open up opportunities for collaboration (many of my current tribe members are former Small Victories Sunday linkup participants and they’ve been awesome!)
- Link parties foster a sense of community, you can get to know other bloggers on a more personal level by visiting them each week
- Link parties can lower bounce rates, readers click on the posts that interest them so they are more likely to spend more time on your site reading the full post.
Link Party Tracker
Get this free link party tracker (it’s part of my free blog planner) when you subscribe to my blogging newsletter so you can keep track of the posts you shared and create your own blog link party directory
Link Party Directory
As you can see, I love connecting with other bloggers in link parties. Parties that I participate in have an asterisk. If you host a party that I need to add to my link party directory, feel free to let me know in the comments and I’ll add it to the list
I have sorted parties by day, month and added a few other link party directories and a few other link party lists that helped me compile my list. Let’s grow our blogs together!
Updated for 2022: Here’s a more current list of blog link parties that I participate in now.
- Sunday Post* hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer (weekly reading recaps, books you are looking forward to, books received)
- Inspire Me Monday* hosted by Create With Joy
- It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? hosted by The Book Date (weekly reading recaps)
- Menu Plan Monday* hosted by The Organizing Junkie (weekly menu plans, autoimmune diet
- Turn it Up Tuesdays* from Epic Mommy Adventures and others
- A Little Birdie Told Me Link Party by The Life of Jennifer Dawn
- Blogger’s Pit Stop* hosted by The Blogger’s Lifestyle and others
- Pretty Pintastic Party* hosted by Coffee with us 3 and others
- Home Matters Party hosted by Life with Lorelei and others
- Thank You Notes hosted by Mrs. AOK, a Work in Progress (weekly gratitude)
- The Ultimate Pinterest Party hosted by Creative K Kids
- SITS Sharefest* hosted by The SITS Girls
- Weekend Cooking* hosted by Beth Fish Reads (meal plans, recipes, book reviews, movies, anything foodie!)
- Book Nook* hosted by Create with Joy
- Gratitude & Goals hosted by Fab Working Mom Life (1st Friday of the month, open all month)
Linkup Party Lists
Some of the lists I consulted to choose which parties to participate in:
- Girl on the Move Blog’s Ultimate Linkup Party List
- The Deliberate Mom’s Blog Hop Directory
- My Snippets of Inspiration Link Party List
- Guiltless Reading’s Monster List of Bookish Links (book weekly linkups, reading challenges and book blogging/reading events)
- The Life of Jennifer Dawn Link Party List
- Sun Sparkle Shine Blog Linkup List (faith and family friendly)
Why do you like participating in link parties? Which link parties bring you the most traffic? Which link parties are your favorite? Give us the scoop in the comments