Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you are enjoying your holiday with thankful hearts and your friends and family today, whether you are in the U.S. and celebrate Thanksgiving or elsewhere in the world. Today, I’m going to share with you 10 bloggers for whom I’m thankful. Felicia at Geeky Bloggers Book Blog has done a #30DayofThanks for the last 3 years where everyday she highlights bloggers, books and authors she’s thankful for. On this Thanksgiving, I thought I would join along, not only for book bloggers but for other bloggers who have made a difference in my life over the past year.
The Book Bloggers
Because Fantasy is More Fun is hosting a Month of Giving Thanks for us to share our favorite book bloggers, I’ll cover them first. What can I say about book bloggers? I find that as a niche, the book blogging community is particularly supportive. They are quick to comment, share posts, and jump into events and ideas whole-heartedly. Their passion and enthusiasm for books is contagious and I have them to
blame thank for my growing passion for reading this past year. Holy Moly, it was hard to narrow down this list for you.
1. & 2. Becca from Lost in Books and Savvy from Savvy Working Gal. I was surprised and thrilled that they both eagerly agreed to co-host our Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge with me. We share a love for reading about other cultures and it’s been beyond amazing getting to know these fantastic ladies over the past year. They helped our Challenge and our first Readathon exceed my wildest expectations.
Becca is a wealth of book and blogging knowledge, I don’t know there’s anything she hasn’t read, heard of or done. She runs several blogs and the Book Bloggers Do it Better G+ group so I was amazed she had time to fit my challenge into her schedule. Thanks Becca for being totally awesome, always a cheerleader and bright light when we talk.
Everytime I talk to Savvy, I find even more things we have in common. I feel like we are long lost friends. She’s the expert on nonfiction and I love her discussions on finances, career interviews and tips for helping professional women. Thanks Savvy for being someone I can talk to about my professional concerns, my desire to travel and anything under the sun.
3. It’s no surprise that my top book blogging commenter is Sue from Book by Book and Live with ME/CFS. Sue and I share a love for books and cooking but we both endure and thrive with chronic illnesses that interfere with our daily lives. Her weekly reading updates include what her husband and her two sons (teen and college age) are reading too. A family of bookworms, I love it! Thanks Sue for your understanding, encouraging words and for sharing your family’s love of reading with me.
4. Lucy from Fictional100 and Northern Lights Reading Project has been one of my biggest cheerleaders lately. She always has a kind comment whether it’s on my blog, on Facebook but especially on Twitter. Thanks Lucy for making my day with every tweet and visit. I’m glad the reading challenge brought us together and hope we’ll be bloggy friends for years to come.
5. Kimba from Caffeinated Book Reviewer. Kim is like my blogging idol. Not only does she go through books like water, she writes amazing reviews, blogging tips and has a fantastic community on her Sunday Post linkup. She has hundreds of commenters on every post and every time I visit, she replies to my comment and visits me back! I’ve told her so many times I don’t know how she does it (and she has RA like me). Thanks Kim for making us little bloggers feel special and sharing your blogging wisdom with us!
7. Tanya from Girl XOXO is one cool blogger. She’s the first blogger who reached out to me offline and was a great sounding board to bounce new ideas off of. Besides writing about books, she creates the sleekest photos for her blog, cocktail recipes and includes our events and blogging tips in the Book Bloggerista News she does for Parajunkee. If you haven’t seen, she is co-hosting A Month of Favorites where there’s a writing prompt each day. Write, linkup and enter to win their giveaways! Thanks Tanya for being my style and tech icon and the one who gets me thinking outside the box.
8. Rachel from Fit Triangle Mom has always been such a wonderful supporter and commenter on my blog since we “met” through a local Facebook blogging group. A fellow boy mom, a reader and aspiring writer, Rachel inspires me to stay positive and makes me want to get back into better shape. Thanks Rachel for your support and enthusiasm, I can always count on your for a kind word and I can’t wait to meet you next month!
9. Andrea from Good Girl Gone Redneck is another blogging idol of mine. Besides her own blog, she writes and hosts Twitter chats for The SITS Girls. She also set up a Facebook group for those of us participating in NaBloPoMo to post on our blogs everyday this month. It’s been a tough battle but she’s been cheering us on as we have our good days and our not-sure-I-can-do-this-anymore days. She always has the right words to say to make us feel better and take the stress off. She’s a great writer too, her posts are emotional and to the point and the last one she wrote about Ferguson says it all, doesn’t it? Thanks Andrea for being a calm in the storm in my blogging world. Always knowing the right thing to say to keep me from getting overwhelmed and keep me going. I hope we get to meet someday soon!
10. Alecia from Detours in Life is another amazing blogger: an RA patient, mom and cook, she juggles a couple different blogs, a new job and just launched a Web Design site. Thanks Alecia for being there when I need to talk, your understanding, your blog design help and your delicious recipes. If you can make the recipes, then so can I!
Well this was supposed to be a quick post but I couldn’t help but gush about these wonderful ladies who have helped me this past year. And I could easily rattle off another ten bloggers but NaBloPoMo is not over yet, I’ll save them for another day. I’m thankful for each and every one of you bloggers and dear readers and I hope you enjoy a relaxing holiday full of love, fun and laughter.
Which bloggers are you thankful for? Be sure to tell me in the comments and leave me a link to their blog so I can visit! May you and your families have a day full of love, gratitude and thanks!
Unlock the Exclusive Subscriber Library
Subscribe now to gain access to the Exclusive Subscriber Library full of planners, printables and tips to plan and organize your life so you can crush your goals and achieve your dream life NOW!