Reading with Tequila is hosting a 2013 Book Blogger Recommendation Challenge. Below is the list of the top 25 book recommendations from book bloggers, including yours truly. I have indicated in parentheses my favorites and a link to my review on my blog.
I am going to complete the Level 1 Challenge and complete 1-5 of the books from the complete list of book recommendations (3 in the top 25 and a couple others from the complete list).
What have you read from this list of top 25 or complete list of 100? Visit Reading with Tequila to sign up for the challenge!
Below is the book blogger recommendation lists and challenge rules from Reading with Tequila:
The top 25:
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
2. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
3. The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas (favorite)
4. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (favorite and reviewed here)
5. Divergent by Veronica Roth (favorite and reviewed here)
6. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
7. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
8. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
9. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
10. Gilead by Marilynne Robinson
11. Partials by Dan Wells
12. Pawn of Prophecy, David Eddings
13. Persuasion by Jane Austen (favorite)
14. Plague Town by Dana Fredsti
15. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (#1 completed 2013 and reviewed here)
16. Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
17. The Midwife’s Confession by Diane Chamberlain (favorite and reviewed here)
18. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
19. Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (plan to read in 2013)
20. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
21. Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince by J.K.Rowling
22. Morrigan’s Cross by Nora Roberts
23. Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
24. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (plan to read in 2013)
25. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
Click here to see the entire 2012 Book Blogger Recommendation List.
Level I – Read 5 books from the 2012 Book Blogger Recommendation List
Level II – Read 10 books
Level III – Read 15 books
Level IV – Read 20 books
Level V – Read 20+ books
Challenge will run January 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013. Participants can join anytime throughout the challenge.
Create an intro post, linking back to this post.
Sign up with the Linky below. Please link to your challenge intro post, not your blog home page.
Chose your own books from the list. You can decide to read books only on the Top 25 list or from the entire recommendation list. You do not have to make a list of books before the challenge begins.
All forms of books acceptable (audiobooks, eBooks, etc.)
Rereads do not count towards the completion of the challenge. The challenge is about discovering books that are new to you.
You don’t need a blog to participate.
Reviews, while always appreciated, are not mandatory.