The Travel the World in Books Readathon these past two weeks was a blast and I had so much fun blogging my heart out every day! It’s the most I’d blogged consistently since I started blogging. I’m hoping that Bloggiesta will help me keep my momentum going and allow me to get on a consistent blogging schedule.
If you aren’t familiar with Bloggiesta, the organizers say:
The idea behind Bloggiesta is to spend four days working on perfecting your blog and connecting with other bloggers who are doing the same thing. Spread the word and get all your friends to come and fiesta with us!
Most bloggers use the time to do pesky tasks that they are always putting off. Things like fixing the header, adding sidebar content (or deleting!), catching up on archive lists, fixing labels and tags, learning how to finally do… whatever it is you’ve always wanted to do!
Twitter chat schedule:
Blogging and Life (Time Management): Thursday September 18 @ 2 p.m. Eastern
All Your Blogging Problems Solved: Friday September 19 @ 6 p.m. Eastern
Book Blogging Basics: Saturday September 20 @ 11 a.m. Eastern
End of Event Wrap Up: Sunday September 21 @ 1 p.m. Eastern
Bloggiesta is one of my favorite blogging marathon events, the mini-challenges are great, the chats always helpful and fun and many of my book blogging buddies take part. It’s a great time networking and catching up on all those to-do items.
My Goals and Accomplishments:
1. Fix the featured images on my old posts that are showing as duplicates since I changed blog designs. – Done! (I think it was the pages that were having problems, let me know if you find any posts with duplicate pictures please).
2. Update 5 reviews into the UBB plugin. – 1 done.
* Updated The Good Father by Diane Chamberlain.
3. Schedule 2 book reviews. – big,fat zilch.
Participate in 1-2 mini-challenges. – Done!
* Signed up for Riffle for Doing Dewey’s How to Use Riffle as a Blogger Mini-Challenge. I made a Travel the World in Books-India list of my favorite books set in India or by Indian authors. I can see how Riffle will be addictive for my OCD tendencies for list-making.
* Becca from Lost in Books hosted an Instagram mini-challenge. I am already on Instagram but I did finally get my photos to post to Facebook and Twitter, downloaded photos to help promote my blog and used a filter (which I normally don’t do).
Participate in 1-2 Twitter chats. – Participated in 1 on Thursday afternoon. Glad to see the Twitter chats that I missed recapped on the Bloggiesta home page.
6. Setup a Goodreads, Facebook, G+ group for our Travel the World in Books Challenge.
Ok, you caught me! I am adding these two goals just so I could cross them off (cause yea, I totally do that to make myself feel better). I had hoped to have these done before Bloggiesta started as they are higher priority than my other goals.
7. Get all the giveaway winners picked for the Travel the World in Books Readathon. – 30 prizes confirmed, waiting for 3 winners to respond…check your emails if you participated!
Update the final schedule for the Travel the World in Books Readathon to show all the author interviews, guest posts, mini-challenges and chats we had during the busy but fun two weeks. – find the complete Travel the World in Books Readathon Sept. 2014 Schedule here.
I always bite off more than I can chew, but I’m aiming high. It will all depend how I feel after my Remicade infusion on Wednesday. On the bright side, infusion days are normally mini-readathons for me because all I can do is read, eat and sleep. Hopefully I can get enough rest to be ready to get to work on Thursday!
What blogging events do you enjoy? What are your Bloggiesta goals? Be sure to leave me a link so I can pay you a visit and cheer you on too!