Welcome to Small Victories Sunday! This weekly post will recap for you the reading I’ve done during the week, the food I’ve cooked, the posts I’ve written and the small victories I’ve celebrated in my personal life. When I started this blog over a year ago, I wanted a place where I could focus on those accomplishments in my life, both big and small. It’s helped me to focus and gain a healthier, more positive attitude as I juggle my 3 boys and the physical impairment of Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic and incurable illness). I thought Sunday would be a perfect day to reflect on the week that passed and look forward to the week ahead.
This Past Week I:
Devil in the White City has been a fascinating but utterly disturbing nonfiction about a physician who is a serial killer and the creation and building of the Chicago’s World Fair in the 1890’s. I am enjoying it but it is taking me a long time to get through. I have about 150 pages left to go before our book club meeting to discuss this one. Should be an interesting discussion!
WAS LISTENING TO
Written by a pediatrician and mother herself, Dr. Meg Meeker shares her observations of the mothers she’s encountered and the ones that are happiest.
* Ham, Egg & Cheese English Muffin Sandwiches
* Puffed French Toast and Cracker Barrel Hash Brown Casserole (family favorite)
* Rachael Ray’s Spaghetti & Meatballs (family favorite)
* Greek Chicken Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce and Sauteed Yellow Squash
* Greek Chicken Salad with Strawberries (using leftover grilled chicken from gyros)
I purchased the Ultimate Book Blogger plugin and am trying to update reviews using the plugin. I also updated my blog design to summarize excerpts on the home page and incorporate the slider at the top. How do you like the changes? Do you like the slider images of the book covers and quotes?
Updated review of Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. 3 words: Heart-wrenching, emotional, amazing.
Review of I Just Want to Pee Alone by Various Mom Bloggers 3 words: Relatable, quick, hilarious!
OTHER SMALL VICTORIES
* Superstar learned how to swing by himself!
* Daredevil worked on writing the letter B and was proud of himself every time he identified a word that started with the letter B at the library (and hugged me after he found each one).
* Superstar, Daredevil and I tended to our garden and planted some bulbs.
* Blood work results were all normal. Although the x-rays showed lesions in my hands and feet so I will have to go back on Remicade infusions for my Rheumatoid Arthritis. Felt like I made the right choice in changing doctors. It’s the first time in the last 11 years of having RA, that my blood work results were sent to me! I like to be an informed patient so just seeing the numbers made me happy.
Next Week I Plan To:
Finish Devil in the White City and start reading The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Skinnytaste’s Mexican Slow Cooked Pork Carnitas with Arroz con Gandules
Fluffy Pancakes with Strawberries, substituting 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp applesauce for the egg.
WORK ON THE BLOG
* Write Goals Post for the High Summer Read-a-thon hosted by The True Book Addict.
* Continue working on my Bloggiesta to do list even though the event ends today.
Grab my button if you’d like to share on your blog or a Small Victories Sunday post to share it with me. Need inspiration? Click here for Small Victories writing prompts, but the sky is the limit so share whichever Small Victories you want to celebrate!
Be sure to leave me a comment and a link to your Small Victories Sunday post for the week! I’d love to hear from you and cheer you on in those small victories you are celebrating!
Unlock the Exclusive Subscriber Library
Subscribe now to gain access to the Exclusive Subscriber Library full of planners, printables and tips to plan and organize your life so you can crush your goals and achieve your dream life NOW!