We took a little break but this week…We are Back!!!
Welcome to Small Victories Sunday! This weekly post will recap for you the reading, cooking, health and personal goals I have been working towards this week and the achievements I’ve made both big and small. Each small victory brings me closer to achieving my personal goals for 2014. Focusing on my small victories has helped me gain a healthier and more positive attitude as I juggle my 3 boys and the physical impairment of Rheumatoid Arthritis (a chronic and incurable illness). I thought Sunday would be a perfect day to reflect on the week that passed and look forward to the week ahead.
This Past Week:
The Handmaid’s Tale is on my Classics Club list and I’ve heard such rave reviews about it. It took me almost two weeks to finish this book, it was scarily realistic for a dystopian and still trying to come to terms with how I feel about this one. It’s not one I love from the minute I put it down, but one that is memorable for sure.
I am also participating in the Wicked Valentine’s readathon with My Shelf Confessions and chatted with other book bloggers during the Twitter chat Wednesday night. We were snowed in anyway so it was nice catching up with new-t0-me bloggers and I found one who lives close to me! What are the odds?!?!
* Blueberry Pancakes
* Oatmeal with brown sugar and maple syrup
* Eggs and cheese with biscuits and jelly
* Slow Cooker Chicken Chili – this was so good, even the kids gobbled it up. Perfect for the snow days we had!
* Spaghetti and meatballs
* Philly steaks with sautéed peppers, onions and mushrooms and fries
* Buttermilk Waffles from Cooking Classy with Perfect Bacon
* Fish Tacos, Refried Beans and Corn. For the tacos, I baked Gorton’s Grilled Tilapia fillets according to package directions. Then cut em up and sauteed with lime juice and a little taco seasoning. Filled it in a flour tortilla and topped with lettuce. Kids loved it too and it was easy-peasy!
* Easy Rotisserie-Style Chicken cooked in a bundt pan – my most popular post of the week!
* Free Weekly Planner Printable – I developed this to help me focus on my goals and help me with this weekly wrap up post. Click the link to download your free copy!
* Participated in the SITS Girls Comment Love week. I commented on 75 other bloggers posts and found lots of great blogs to follow on social media!
Some of my favorite new SITS Girls’ blogs I visited were:
Time with Thea – organizing, home decor, food and inspiration
Oh My Gluestick – creative crafts, recipes and lovely printables
Dayngr Zone– a fellow NC blogger and expert in social media, design and all things blogging
Wensend – a fellow book blogger who is taking part in many of the same reading challenges and events as I am.
I GAVE THANKS FOR SMALL VICTORIES:
* We spent a fun last weekend with friends and I didn’t stress out when they came to our house unexpectedly! Luckily, I get most of my housework done during the week so I can party on the weekends with my family and friends. Loving this change since becoming a SAHM a few months ago.
* Daredevil is learning to spell his last night.
* Our power stayed on during the 3 more snow days we had and we were home safe and sound during the whole storm. The local news showed people with power outages and having to abandon their cars on the side of the road because they could not get home.
Next Week I Plan To:
Savvy Working Gal has a non-fiction online book club and she asked me to make a selection for her club to read in February. We will be reading Thrity Umrigar’s memoir of her childhood in India. I read The World We Found and was hooked by Thrity’s work. A couple chapters in and this memoir already has me see-sawing between anger toward her mother and a lump in my throat when she describes her relationship with her aunt. I got a good feeling about this one!
* French Toast from Cooking with Mickey, the cookbook we got on our first trip to Disney World
* Apple Dutch Baby
* The Blueberry Muffins of Cooking Classy’s Dreams
* Steak tips from The Meat House, Crockpot Baked Potatoes and grilled vegetables-shhh, it’s a surprise for the hubby. Since we were snowed in, I didn’t get to the store to make his favorite steak and potatoes for Valentine’s Dinner, so I need to squeeze it in this week.
* Butternut Squash Lasagna
* Healthy Baked Chicken Nuggets and Lighter Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Finish Taxes and keep up with exercising!
Now It’s Your Turn!
I’d appreciate if you grabbed my Small Victories Sunday button and place it in your sidebar or the post you are linking up. Need inspiration? Click here for Small Victories writing prompts, but the sky is the limit. Share up to 3 of your favorite family-friendly blog posts you want to share. Enter your link below and let’s celebrate our small victories together! Remember to visit as many of the other participants as you can and cheer them on. By linking up, you are giving me permission to share your post on my social media pages to let others know of your awesomeness too!
Linking this post up with these other fabulous linkies too:
Unlock the Exclusive Subscriber Library
Subscribe now to gain access to the Exclusive Subscriber Library full of planners, printables and tips to plan and organize your life so you can crush your goals and achieve your dream life NOW!