am participating participated in the Spring Reading Thing from March through June 2013 which is hosted by The Musings of a Book Addict.
Basically, participants make lists of the books they are planning on reading in the next 3 months and link their goals up by March 24, 2013 at midnight. Wrap-up posts are also required to be linked up by June 24, 2013 in order to qualify for the random prize drawings. Visit Musings of a Book Addict for more info.
1. Sarah’s Key by Tatiana deRosnay (for in person book club and France selection for Around the World in 80 Books Challenge) – Done, March 24, 2013.
2. Wicked by Gregory Maguire (in person book club and Witches and Witchcraft Challenge) – Done
3. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (for classics club, Back to the Classics challenge and April monthly keyword reading challenge)
4. Interview with a Vampire (for Classics Club and Spring into Horror Read-a-Thon hosted by Seasons of Reading) – Done, review coming soon!
5. The Girl with a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier (for in-person book club and Netherlands selection for Around the World in 80 Books Challenge) – Done, review coming soon!
6. Driving over Lemons by Chris Stewart (for in-person book club and for nonfiction adventure challenge I need to sign up for) – currently reading
7. Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey (for nonfiction adventure challenge) – not done
8. Make Today Count by John Maxwell (for nonfiction adventure challenge). – not done
9. Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne (for Classics Club and May selection for the Monthly Keyword Challenge) – not done
10. One Mountain Away by Emilie Richards or Summer Island by Kristin Hannah (for June selection for Monthly Keyword Challenge) – not done
Other books read or listened to that were not on my initial list and reviews coming soon:
1. 3rd Generation and Beyond by Danna Pycger
2. Across Eternity by Aris Whittier
3. The Geography of Bliss: One Grump’s Search for the Happiest Places in the World by Eric Weiner (for May monthly keyword challenge)
4. I Just Want to Pee Alone by “Some Kick-Ass Mom Bloggers”
5. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
6. The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O’Connor McNees (for June monthly keyword challenge)
Wrap-up and final thoughts:
Well although I didn’t stick to the original list exactly, I am pretty happy that I netted having read more books than I thought I would (and I hardly read anything the past two weeks, yikes). I loved most of the books I read during the spring. I also like that this list holds me accountable for those books I need to finish writing my thoughts on so we can discuss.
It’s about time for me to make a summer reading list, with all the books I won from various bloggers during Armchair BEA, that will keep me plenty busy all summer! I can’t wait to share those with you, there are some amazing books in this stash.
Have you read any of the books on my Spring Reading list? What did you think of them? What’s on your Summer Reading List? Hope you’ll share your thoughts with me in the comments, I’d love to hear from you! Happy reading!
Unlock the Exclusive Subscriber Library
Subscribe now to gain access to the Exclusive Subscriber Library full of planners, printables and tips to plan and organize your life so you can crush your goals and achieve your dream life NOW!