What better way to stay focused on personal goals, than to share them with all of you? It’s easy for life to get in the way but writing my goals down, helps me keep motivated and accountable to achieve my 2014 personal goals. It gives me the impetus I need to tackle a new month. How do you stay focused on personal goals? Tips, tricks and posts are appreciated in the comments, let’s help each other out!
Didn’t it seem like I just posted my May goals? And now the month is already over? Well I am looking forward to summer just as much as the kids are. Here are some of my May achievements:
- Home – worked on organizing our closet and getting some of my blouses on huggable hangers
- Home – shredded receipts dating back as far as 2005 from the box in our closet!
- Family – Daredevil and I took a field trip to a pick your own strawberry farm
- Family – got kids in the kitchen to help me cook. I think it’s important for them to be able to cook their own meals as they get older.
- Family – made a Mother’s Day gift for my MIL, “Nana’s Jar of Promises and Kisses” using this idea from Pinterest from Happy Hour Projects. Simple, sweet and easy, who doesn’t love a candy jar full of chocolate?
- Reading – Finished only 1 book, Shadow of the Wind (487 pages) but totally loved it.
- Reading – read 20 books with the kids, they’ve enjoyed scanning them into Goodreads and rating books as we finish them. Check out the 118 we’ve read together so far.
- Blogging – Was on the planning and commenting committee for Armchair BEA, one of my favorite online book events.
- Using my weekly planner to focus and accomplish my weekly goals, it’s really been helping me!
- Blogging – 16 blog posts.
- Blogging – My free weekly planner printable based on the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, now available as a Google Doc,continues to be my most popular post
- Blogging – Small Victories Sunday linkup is growing, growing, growing! I’ve met many new bloggers who inspire me to be a better parent, patient, cook and reader. I’m so excited to watch this linkup grow and encourage each other to celebrate the positive, inpsiring small victories in our lives! Be sure to stop by.
Buh-bye May and hello June, I’ve been waiting for you! I’ve been enjoying sharing my journey towards achieving my goals with you…one small victory at a time!
1. Make exercise a priority, take kids to pool and practice my own swimming, 4 times a week.
2. Achieve my goal for ideal weight, the one my joints feel the best at. Avoid sugar!
3. Drink more water, at least 64 ounces a day.
4. Organize two areas in the house.
5. Sell outgrown kids’ clothes and toys.
6. Pick up paint samples for kitchen and 2-story family room.
7. One new field trip/fun outing a week with Daredevil.
8. Start teaching kids piano. We have a piano and although I can no longer play, I really should encourage the kids to. They love music and art!
9. Make Father’s Day presents.
10. Finalize the Travel the World through Books Reading Challenge that will begin July 1st!
11. Read 1 big book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (870 pages) for Book by Book’s Big Book Summer Reading Challenge.
12. Read 25 books with my kids.
13. Sign kids up for Summer Reading Program at library and Barnes & Noble.
14. Share more recipes!
15. Add 5 more linky parties to my Linky Party Page.
16. Stay within our budget, start using cash for groceries to better manage spending.
17. Stay debt-free (besides mortgage).
What are your June 2014 personal goals? Share with me the tools that help you get organized or save you money! Be sure to link up your goals posts or achievements in the linky below. Thanks Tammy at Creative K Kids for sharing this linky and inspiring us to reach our goals..one small victory at a time!