I really enjoyed participating in the Spring Reading Challenge (which amazingly I won a prize) and checking off the list of books I planned to read. I thought I’d make my summer reading list and catch up on these amazing books that have arrived in the mail during my streak of good luck winning several Armchair BEA giveaways. My goal is to read as many of these as I can through the end of August.
I always tell my kids to do “work” first, then play so I’ve split up my list between what I have committed to read and then dive into the books I won. I also wanted to give a shout out and sincere thanks to the blogs where I won all these books that will keep me busy and entertained for the rest of the year!
Must Reads: (links to Goodreads)
1. Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
2. Make Today Count by John Maxwell
3. Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
4. Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan C. Bradley
5. Morning Light by Holland Kane
6. Monsoon Memories by Renita D’Silva
7. Here We Are & There We Go: Teaching & Traveling with Kids in Tow by Jill Dobbe
8. Operation Oleander by Valerie Patterson, won from The Book Monsters
9. American Grown by Michelle Obama, won signed copy from Love at First Book
10. Irresistible Blueberry Bakeshop & Cafe by Mary Simses, that Rebecca at Love at First Book sent me as a bonus cause she thought I’d like it. Super sweet surprise!
11. The Passions of Dr. Darcy by Sharon Lathan, won signed copy from the author
12. The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum, won from Sharon Lathan
13. Magic Kingdom for Sale by Terry Brooks, won from Sharon Lathan
14. Love at First Flight by Marie Force, won from Sharon Lathan
15. Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card, won from Sharon Lathan
16. To Conquer Mr. Darcy by Abigail Reynolds, won from Sharon Lathan
17. The Best of Us by Sarah Pekannen, won from Jenn’s Bookshelves during the Dewey’s Readathon
18. Where’d You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple, won from Bookmark to Blog
19. The Witch of Portobello by Paulo Coehlo, won from (un)Conventional BookViews
20. Brida by Paulo Coehlo, won from (un)Conventional BookViews
21. The Winner Stands Alone by Paulo Coehlo, won from (un)Conventional BookViews
22. The River of No Return by Bee Ridgeway, won from Truth, Beauty, Freedom and Books
23. Madame Tussaud by Michelle Moran, won from Historical Fiction Notebook
24. Rizzoli & Isles: Last to Die by Tess Gerritsen, won from Always with a Book
Whew, it’s a long list! Where do I start? Have you read any of these books or authors? Which do you recommend? What’s on your summer reading list? As always, happy reading!