Can you believe summer is half over already? In our area, some kids are already back to school, back to homework and back to packing lunches. How come packing kids’ lunches is such a drag? The kids don’t want to pack the same boring sandwiches day after day and you don’t have time or energy to figure out a better way to get nutritious and delicious food in their bellies. Well, after 10 years of
trials and plenty or errors experience, I’m sharing my 3 Simple Tips for Packing the Perfect Kids Lunch and let me tell you it’s not as hard as you think to pack the perfect kids lunch that they’ll be begging to take to school!
My 2 younger sons have never bought a school lunch and they aren’t complaining about it…they actually PREFER the lunches we pack. We are saving a small fortune and they are getting food they love and want to eat. Want to read all about it? Head on over to my friend Rachel’s blog, Smart Mom, Smart Ideas where she’s having a Back to School Bonanza this month and I’m sharing 3 Simple Tips for Packing the Perfect Kids Lunch.I'm sharing 3 Simple Tips for Packing the PERFECT Kids Lunch at @smartmomideas Click To Tweet
Note: This post contains affiliate links as indicated by an asterisk. Purchases from these links provides a small commission to me at no extra cost to you.
Our Lunchbox Essentials for Packing the Perfect Kids Lunch
Here is a peek at our lunch drawer that I talk about in my packing the perfect kids lunch post on Rachel’s blog.
With everything for packing the perfect kids lunch all in one place, it’s easy to see when something is running out. Here’s what we use:
- Thermos insulated food jars (similar, we have used ours for years so they are outdated but have held up! We’ve tried others but I am loyal to the stainless, BPA-Free, Thermos brand)
- Disposable sauce containers with lids* (great for salad dressing too so your salad/veggies don’t get soggy!)
- Millenium Falcon sandwich cutter* just to add a little fun to the meal. We have a bunch of Star Wars fans in my house and yes, Star Wars has invaded the kitchen too. We have a dinosaur sandwich cutter* which is cute too.
- 3-compartment Easy Lunchboxes* (I’ve used these for 4 years now. Considering I use 4 every weekday for my 3 sons and husband, a few have broken but they hold up well to everyday use. They are BPA-Free and easy enough for kids and I to open and close).
- EasyLunchboxes Cooler Bag* (not pictured but these are the lunchboxes boys use to carry their lunches)
I keep plastic forks, spoons, straws, napkins and condiments on this drawer too so we have everything we need to pack the perfect kids lunch.
Now I’ve showed you WHAT I use but head on over to my 3 Simple Tips for Packing the Perfect Kids Lunch guest post on Smart Mom, Smart Ideas to see HOW to pack the perfect kids lunch. With my easy, practical and affordable solutions, you will save your sanity and a small fortune and your kids will LOVE packing their nutritious and delicious lunches!
Grab more Ideas to Organize Your Family and Still Have Fun!
Subscribe now to get access to my Exclusive Subscriber Library where I share planning, productivity, and organizing tips to manage your family and bookish and summer fun ideas so you can make the most of your time together!
Other Posts Like This You Might Enjoy: