We had a fantastic first-ever Travel the World in Books Readathon at the beginning of September. We had 41 registered participants, 33 books to giveaway, 8 linkups, 5 author interviews, 4 mini-challenges, and 2 chats! It was a busy couple of weeks but fabulous and fun sharing great book recommendations and encouraging one another to explore our world in books. If you missed any of the posts, be sure to check the schedule that details each post.
And now I have the pleasure to announce the winners of the 33 books we had to give away! We were lucky that we could give a prize to each registerd participant who entered the Rafflecopter and some lucky people even won 2! Winners were drawn by Rafflecopter and when I broke that, by random.org.
Here were the Rules:
* You must be 18 years or older to enter.
* You must be a registered participant of the Readathon. Sign up here, sign ups will close September 14, 2014 at 11:59pm EST. Sign up is easy! Add your blog, goodreads or social media account to the linkup or simply write a comment saying you’re participating.
* Please note location limit as giveaways are shown for USA only, USA/Canada only and International.
* Rafflecopter entries will be verified before awarding prizes.
* Winners will be notified by email at the email address entered into the Rafflecopter. Winner has 48 hours to respond to the email or another winner will be drawn.
* Please complete the prize form with your prize preferences before the Readathon ends September 14, 2014 at 11:59pm EST.
Book title linked to Goodreads
Donor name linked to their website
2. Flawless: A Hostile Beauty Novel by Jan Moran – 1 Paperback (US residents only) and 10 e-book copies (open internationally, choose Kindle or Nook format) donated by the author.
* Winners: print version – Cheryl R.
e-book versions – Divyajitsinh V., Crystal T., Aleksandra, Pam B., Lynda D., Christine, Kate N., Jessica B., Isi O., Heather R.
15. Used Paperback of Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (1 Paperback copy has some water damage to bottom of book but readable – US/Canada residents only), donated by me, Mom’s Small Victories. Nonfiction. The book takes place in Italy, India, Bali and the US.
* Winner: Vicki N.
16. Kids book! Lin Yi’s Lantern:A Moon Festival Tale by Brenda Williams, Illustrated by Benjamin Lacombe, 1 Paperback (US/Canada residents only) donated by The Coastal Book Corner (Barefoot Books). Children’s Fiction. The book takes place in China.
* Winner: Femme Frugality
19. The Poet’s Wife by Rebecca Stonehill- 3 e-books (winner’s choice of mobi or epub), donated by Bookouture. This book will be published on September 26, 2014, the winner will be emailed the e-book upon release.
* Winners: Aleksandra, Isi O., & Kate N.
Special Thanks to all the authors, bloggers and publishers who gave away these fantastic books. Our readers are in for a real treat! Stay tuned for future Travel the World in Books events!