Deciding to pursue a work from home dream takes a lot of dedication and perseverance as you learn your way through building a business or starting a career working from home. Here are the best work from home resources to start you on your way.
The amount of information you need to remember can be overwhelming so I created this work from home resources and recommendations to help keep track of posts I’ve written or found useful in my quest to work from home and build a business.
Note: This post contains affiliate links as indicated by an asterisk. Purchases from these links provides a small commission to me at no extra cost to you.
Finding Your Why
Why is it that you want to work from home? If you fit into any of these categories, working from home might be a great solution for you:
- you want to be your own boss
- you’re a stay-at-home mom who wants to bring in some income to the family budget
- you have a chronic or disabling illness that makes going into work every day difficult
- you dream of earning an income doing something you truly love
- you want to travel and work from anywhere in the world
Here are some resources you might find helpful as you start your work from home business or career.
If you are considering starting a blog then check out Crystal Paine of MoneySavingMom.com’s FREE Webinar called 3 Steps to Start That Blog You’ve Always Dreamed of*
Crystal is an amazingly successful blogger and her down to earth videos and encouragement will help you decide if starting a blog is right for you.
If you are a blogger who wants to take their business to the next level, then take this assessment* to see if you have what it takes to become a professional blogger and earn a full time income working from home.
Focusing Your Passion into a Mission
What are you passionate about?
If you’ve dreamed of starting a business or working from home, maybe you already have an idea in mind, maybe you don’t or maybe you’re like me and have about 5 different income generating ideas you want to meld together into some kind of business. Narrow down your business ideas by focusing your passions into a mission statement for your business.
Here are some articles you might find interesting if you need to figure out how to turn what your passionate about into the mission for your business or work from home career.
- What Powers Your Happy? + 3 Ways to Find YOUR Passion in Life (Besides Your Family)
- 7 Things Successful Work at Home Moms do Differently
Work from Home Opportunities
There are many opportunities you can pursue to work from home. Running this blog and building a business from what I enjoy writing about and helping my readers with is how I work from home. Until you business takes off, many who work from home have various income streams until they produce a consistent work from home income.
Here are some resources about various work from home opportunities and income streams that you can pursue.
- How are YOUR Grades? Plus 5 Epic FREE Resources to be a Successful Blogger NOW!
- 7 Surefire Ways to Boost Your Blog Income*
- Top 10 Best Blogging Resources for Every Level of Blogger
- Blogging Tips and Tricks to Take Your Blog to the Next Level
- Do You Have What it Takes to Blog Professionally?
- 5 Work From Home Jobs for Moms That Need a Full-Time Income
Work from Home Tools
The Passion Planner* is the planner I love for pursuing my work from home dreams and maintaining a work-life balance at the same time. The planner is focused on pursuing the goals you are passionate about and each week gives you space to enter your personal and work to-do lists.
Here are some other articles you might like about the tools I use to work from home:
- Everything You Need to Know About Powersheets 2019
- Find Your Perfect Planner in the Ultimate Planner Comparison
- MailerLite Email Marketing System*
- Blogging Resources and Recommendations
- Planning Tips to Achieve Your Dream Life
- Inspirational Gifts to Give Mom Who Works from Home
Maintaining a work-life balance can be a challenge, particularly when you are passionate about what you do and want to work all the time. If you’re a mom or have a family, maintaining a work-life balance you can all be happy with is essential. I’m working from home so I can spend more quality time with my kids so it’s important that I don’t lose sight of maintaining a work-life balance.
Here are some helpful articles on work-life balance:
What resources and recommendations do you use to skyrocket your work from home business? Tell me in the comments, I’m always willing to learn and try something new.